Today I was looking at the structure of the new Empathy documetation so far, and I was thinking about the new topics that need to be addressed. Looking at the actual layout, I thought: “And now, where do I insert these topics?”. “In which category do they fall under?”.
So, this is the actual layout:
And this is the new one I’m thinking of, with some of the new topics (those are just there to test the layout and nothing has been written yet, wordings might change):
What do you think? Suggestions about the wordings? Does “Text conversations” make sense as opposed to “Audio and video”?
I think I have to find a way to have fixed-width columns in the two-columns view, since I don’t like the “Text conversations” section in that way.
Just a reminder-kind-of-post: three days from now the Empathy Users survey for helping out the GNOME Documentation Project will be closed. If you would like to help us out writing a better documentation and to help Empathy be a even better application, please spend some minutes doing the survey. It’s here: Empathy Users Study.
Thank you, and sorry for the spam! 🙂
Playing a little bit with Mallard, prompt by last GNOME Documentation Q&A session and by Shaun release of gnome-doc-utils 0.17.2, I tried to see what is the situation with Mallard and translations using the xml2po tool.
Well… looks like it works.
The English Man
The Italian Job
Well, it’s a start, and it’s almost working. There are a couple of descriptions that are still in English even if they have been translated, and I don’t really understand why those are still in English.
- Nothing has been done on xml2po to make it works
- After converting from PO to Mallard two files, since you have to convert one file at a time, I got bored and I wrote a stupid Python script
- Future looks bright and we might be able to ship Mallard doc with the 2.28 🙂
- Tonight, at 9pm UTC, there’s the GNOME Doc team meeting (#docs in GIMPNet)
- If you haven’t done it yet, take the Empathy survey to help the GNOME Documentation Project!