Playing a little bit with Mallard, prompt by last GNOME Documentation Q&A session and by Shaun release of gnome-doc-utils 0.17.2, I tried to see what is the situation with Mallard and translations using the xml2po tool.
Well… looks like it works.
Well, it’s a start, and it’s almost working. There are a couple of descriptions that are still in English even if they have been translated, and I don’t really understand why those are still in English.
- Nothing has been done on xml2po to make it works
- After converting from PO to Mallard two files, since you have to convert one file at a time, I got bored and I wrote a stupid Python script
- Future looks bright and we might be able to ship Mallard doc with the 2.28 🙂
- Tonight, at 9pm UTC, there’s the GNOME Doc team meeting (#docs in GIMPNet)
- If you haven’t done it yet, take the Empathy survey to help the GNOME Documentation Project!